Monday, November 13, 2006

Happy Birthday

Yesterday was my birthday. I've been dreading this birthday for a long time as the number sounded so old. You know how one birthday seems to bother more than any other? Well this was the one. Then, for some reason, I scheduled myself to teach 2 knitting classes that day, but that was fine, because it is something I like to do. Well, my last class was just about over and this crowd of people entered the room calling out, "Happy Birthday". Here were several of the knitting shop employees and owner, plus my daughter and 2 of her children, my son and his 3 children and my husband. My daughter had planned this surprise-"What better place to celebrate Mom's birthday than at the place she spends so much time and enjoys being?" So we all had carrot cake-my favorite!


On becoming the oldest lived ex-president, Gerald Ford said,

"The length of one's days matters less than the love of one's family and friends."

My birthday was a celebration!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home