Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Arctic Lace Knit A Long

Does anyone know why Blogger downloads my pictures sidewise? They were not taken in this position nor are they stored on my computer in this position.
After much waiting, both the book and yarn have arrived. The book was scheduled to arrive the day before I left on my trip, but due to a UPS "driver error" arrived after I left, so I had to wait 3 weeks to see it. The yarn arrived just as I was leaving to go to MN Knitters Days, so I put it in the car but had to wait until I arrived in Red Wing to fondle it. I really restrained myself and waited until I got home to start knitting!
The yarn color is Arctic blue (I think it was called) and the pattern I'm using is North Star Scarf. I did graph out a little border for the bottom which matches the side border. I cast on with the crochet cast on which matches the traditional bind off and am slipping the first stitch in each row purlwise with the yarn in front which gives a similar braid effect.
Qiviut yarn is the softest yarn I've ever knit with. I've used luxury yarn before, but nothing is like this-pure luxury-almost sensuous!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home