Sunday, November 19, 2006

More Birthday Celebration

Last night we celebrated my birthday with our three children and their significant others by going to The Melting Pot in downtown Minneapolis, an expensive, excellent fondue restaurant. We had a four course meal, all fondue except the salad. It started with cheese fondue and dippers of raw vegetables, cubed bread and apple chunks, followed by a salad. The main course was vegetable cooked en masse in the fondue pot with a choice of liquid-we had one broth and one wine base with lots of herbs and spices. For dippers we had two kinds of chicken, shrimp, two kinds of steak, and ravioli. We were so busy eating, I didn't get pictures until the dessert course. These are the dippers.
A flaming pot of chocolate and Bailey's Irish Cream with the white chocolate and frangelica next to it. Since it was my party and I'm 70 years old, I licked the pot! And enjoyed it all!
A good time was had by all!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday. I love The Melting Pot. Looking forward to going to one in a few weeks. I wish I knew it was your birthday before. Here is one way that people can tell when it is your birthday (cause they are so much nicer when they know):
http://www.cafepress.com/unclefrog/1796319

 

Post a Comment

<< Home