Sunday, October 22, 2006

Lobster Claw Mittens

At our hotel in Halifax I spotted these mittens and was intrigued by them. I would stop at the display case everytime I passed and study them to try to figure out how they were made and why they looked like they do. At our first chance I tracked down the shop (luckily, it was just around the corner from our hotel) and went in to inquire. They are lobster claw mittens-just made to resemble lobsters, not the utilitarian mittens I found in a Google search which have a separate finger for the ring finger. I still want to figure out how they are made-if someone knows a source for a pattern, please let me know!

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 2:03 PM, Blogger laurie said...

very late comment, but I found you while searching for the same thing. Morehouse farms has a kit for $14 - pattern and merino yarn. If you google Lobster Claw mitten knit pattern, they are first. Don't know if you still need this, but I saw no comments...

 
At 9:39 AM, Blogger Knitter by Desire said...

Did you ever find the lobster claw pattern? My 7 yr. old grandson is a NUT about lobsters, and would love for me to knit these mittens.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger // said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 4:20 PM, Blogger Joan H said...

I also saw these mitts at Peggy's Cove and bought a pair to see if I could figure out how to knit them.I haven't been able to as yet and am thinking of taking them apart to try it. I have several people interested in getting a pair and would love it if someone has figured this pattern out. I have been knitting since I was 5 and can usually figure things like tis out but I am stumped on this one
Joan Heagle St Catharines ON

 

Post a Comment

<< Home