Wednesday, January 23, 2013

A New Year

Blogger is finally letting me post pictures, so I guess I'll still be posting. I've been very poor about blogging lately. Maybe because my knitting projects have taken so long I didn't have finished objects to post about. Now that 2013 is here I have 3 finished projects.
 
Farbenfroh is a drop stitch patterned shawl which is a good way to show off hand painted yarn. The pattern is written so any amount of yarn can be used, so is good if you only have 1 skein of a beautiful yarn. This was a test knit.
Needles: US #4
Yarn:Schaefer Yarn Company Anne
Pattern: Firebird by Rosemary Hill
Yarn: Unknown. Got it at a benefit for Ann Swanson, unlabeled. Knowing Ann only used/bought natural fibers, I'm certain it is wool. It was stiff to work with and hoped it would soften up when washed. I think it might have, but dumb me, I sprayed a little starch on it to keep its shape.
Needles: US #4
Pattern: Lila and Claudine's Advent Scarf. This was a fun pattern to knit during Advent. A different stitch came out each (only 20 days-to give some leeway to skip a few days) along with a little meditation. The meditations weren't too "religious" but gave you some thoughts and to help relax and remember the reason for the holidays during the preparations.
Needles: US # 7
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Springvale Sock



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home