Monday, October 01, 2012

Lace Poncho

Pattern: Lace Poncho from Vogue Knitting Early Fall 2012
Yarn: Cascade Yarn Heritage Silk
Needle US #6
 
This was not a hard knit, but it took a long time as it increased to  818 stitches for the 20 rows of lace edging.
 
The yarn was beautiful, but depending on how the light was I either hated it or loved it. In the right (bright) light it began to have a slight halo which I thought distorted the pattern. It could have been because this was such a large project and it traveled so much in and out of my tote bag the yarn showed the abrasion. It really isn't that noticeable.
 
The increasing side panels have patterning on every row, but because it is knit in the round from the top down, it is always worked on a right side row.
    
      In Progress                             Knitting Done
 Blocking. I used the flexible blocking wires. It is not a good blocking job as I was still doing it at 11:30 at night and it was "just get it done."

This doesn't show real well, but I used the flexible blocking wire around the neckline under the collar.



 It really turned out beautifully. When I brought it to Amazing Threads for display (I will be teaching this in a class) the owner was wearing it when a customer came up behind her and said "there is a hole in the back." Yes, it was one of my mistakes which I hadn't corrected very well. I will take yarn and needle to it and see what I can do some day.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home