Friday, October 12, 2012

Yarn Clubs

Today is National I Love Yarn Day!!! Isn't everyday?
Do my posts give you the idea this is what my mailbox looks like?
 Yarnista, August 2012. Extra: Wool Wash
 Yarnista July 2012. Extra: Post it tabs.
 Knitspot September 2012
 
Three Irish Girls September 2012. Extra is small skein of Adorn Sock Yarn. This yarn is Kinsale Merino Tencel. Yummy. I'm not crazy about the sock pattern, but the yarn says "shawl" to me. Can you imagine that?
 Knit Love Club August 2012.
 I have also identified this one as Sock Knit Club by Soctopus for August 2012. One is wrong.
Abstract Fiber June 2012. This club had an option: one skein or two skeins. I chose the one skein, so this yarn will make the narrow scarf-or something else. The extra is a little zipped bag, plus the net bag.
Cookie A Sock and Cookie Club for October 2012. This club always has 2 sock patterns and 2 cookie recipes. I really like the sock on the right. I've made a couple of the cookie recipes which have been good. The last one was an anise refrigerator cookie which I really liked. Hum...maybe I'll mix up another batch.
It's coming to the time of the year to re-evaluate next years club memberships. My head tells me I don't need to join any but it is such fun to get these "presents" in the mail.I've already joined Romi Hill's shawl and pin club, but next year I'm getting the pattern and yarn. This year I got the pin and pattern and I missed not getting the yarn. Something was missing. I will probably rejoin Cookie A's club, Will not rejoin Goddess Knits Shawlette Club, Soctopus Knit-Love-Club, Twisted Head to Toe. I've already joined Knitspot (Anne Hanson) club, pattern only, and Sivia Harding's Mezzaline, pattern only, A Verb for Keeping Warm Proverbial Yarn Club, and Space Cadet Interstellar Yarn Alliance. Three Irish Girls Yarnista Club just keeps going every month. I love her yarn so much I can't make myself quit that one.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home