Sunday, October 14, 2012

Yarnography


Yesterday I took an excellent class from Sharon of Three Irish Girls on photographing yarn and projects. 
 
Here is Sharon with 3 month old baby Shamrock.
We learned lots of things not to do (most of which I've been doing) and what to do and about "staging" our yarn.









One of the problems I've had is getting the true color of the yarn. The above pictures are pretty but not accurate colors. The one below is more true to the color-as I remember it. So we learned how to correct color.
Some other things we learned was sizing the pictures the same width for a blog to make it more pleasing to look at. We also decreased the pixels to save computer space as the Internet can not display more pixels than 72, so why bother.
 
I haven't posted this shawl yet, because this picture was not the color it really is.
This is more accurate. I did learn something, but some of these pictures would not "pass".
Of course there was yarn to be bought. All I came home with is this picture. I had some skeins in my hand but let my friend Christine buy them as my grocery bag of TIG yarn runnith over. That's never stopped me before, but there were too many to chose from I couldn't make up my mind.
 

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM, Blogger Christine P. said...

Thank you for letting me have your skeins! They will be yours if I decide to destash!

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Amina said...

This is so much fun! I love TIG yarn!
I also love hearing about your club musings. Great blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home