Friday, August 24, 2012

Olympic Knitting

The Olympics have been over for awhile, but I haven't posted my completed mittens. Partly because the Knitting Gods punished me. Now I believe there are such things. My original goal was to knit only mittens during the Olympics, but when my friend from Germany came out with her new pattern to test knit I couldn't say "No". So I changed my goal to knit mittens only while I actually was watching the Olympics. Well... 2 1/2 days it took Kim and me to figure out how to get her shawl to match the chart or the chart to match the knitting. The shawl is a straight forward pattern, but somehow we couldn't figure out why they didn't work together. This was an all invasive problem which consumed me from early morning-2 hours before I usually got up until I went to bed at night. We finally figured it out and it is a beautiful shawl.

Our trip to Schaumberg also interrupted my mitten knitting as I had to knit a pair of socks for my daughter in law's birthday, so I only got 6 pair of mittens made for Head Start.

The challenge originated with my Culver's KnitWits group. It was to knit or crochet mittens and hats for Head Start. These are some of the results. The numbers aren't all tallied yet, but it is something like 52 pair of mittens, 37 hats, and 4 cowls.

This is the beginning of the shawl. More pictures later. This took me almost 3 days to knit! I lost count of how many times I knit it this far.

Labels: , , ,


Post a Comment

<< Home