Sunday, May 02, 2010

Yes, I Rreally Did!

Over 10 years ago I made this beautiful shawl out of linen yarn. I don't remember the pattern, only that I think it was in an Anna magazine. The pattern was for a round tablecloth and in the last few inches of the pattern all of a sudden there were decreases. Questioning why, I still continued and finished. The beauty of linen yarn is shows after it is washed and dried. Here's where the problem revealed itself. The decreases were made so the tablecloth would hang over the edge of the table with no ruffling. To use it as a shawl, it had to be severely blocked. It didn't soften up and the edges didn't really flatten out.
It has been in my closet ever since-never used. Twice in the last week the subject of this shawl/tablecloth came up in conversation, so I thought it was time to do what I've thought of doing many times over the last 10 years. Yes, I frogged it. Now to think of something beautiful to do with the yarn again.





Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home