Monday, March 29, 2010

Nora's Sweater

Nora's Sweater. This was a fun knit.
Pattern: Nora's Sweater cover sweater on Interweave Knits Winter 2009
Yarn: Misti Alpaca. This was a nice yarn to knit with although it did turn my hands blue. Surprisingly, there was not a lot of color in the water when I blocked it. The yarn really bloomed when washed.
Needles: Size 7

Half of the front. I knit the front band together with the fronts, left the stitches for the band on holders and completed the collar after sewing sweater together. The pattern said to block before sewing together which in this case was a good idea because of the ribbing effect of the yoke and sleeves.



Back and back in set. When I bound off the body stitches, I folded the pleats and bound them off folded, rather than stitching them down afterwards.

Yoke and sleeves. You can tell where the yoke ends and sleeves begin by the pins on the sides.




Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Blogger Pooch said...

Beautiful sweater! The back detailing is very eye-catching. You must be so proud to wear it!
:)

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I am working on this sweater now, but having a problem understanding the sizing and where to stop and start in the cable rib chart.

How do you determine what size the arms and yoke are? I am doing the smallest size for the pattern. (For the yoke and sleeve, I cast on 96 stitches.) Appreciate any help you can give me, this is my first project with chart knitting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home