Sunday, April 11, 2010

Socks

Django is/are finally finished. I started them in 2008 but hated the yarn so it was hard to pick them up and work on them. I seriously thought of ripping, but I had a sock and a half done, so struggled forward. Thinking it might help, I splurged and bought a set of signature needles hoping wonderful needles would balance out the awful yarn. It helped!
Pattern: Django by Cookie A
Yarn: Flat Feet Sock blank. The information that came with the yarn said not to wind it into balls, just unravel and knit. If I ever used it again-which is doubtful- I would wind it into balls. It did wash up into a beautiful yarn and sock.
Another new venture and I might be a convert. I took a class on 2 socks on magic loop at Arnhild's Knitting Camp and now that I've worked with it, I do like this technique. (Thanks, Jean!) This sock is the February Woolgirl Sock Club sock called Sleep Walker. The picture doesn't show the true color-it is much darker purple which I think hides all the patterning.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home