Sunday, November 26, 2006

Frog Tree Felted Mittens

Finished! I didn't think it would take long to knit a pair of mittens, but these took longer than I expected. They are made from Frog Tree sport weight alpaca yarn on size 7 needles using the pattern, "Felted (Fulled) Mittens" by a local knitter and designer, Nancy Lindberg. The yarn is produced by a cooperative in Bolivia and purchases provide support to the cooperative which allows them to provide training and work to women in Bolivia to supplement their income. The yarn is nice to work with, very soft and felts nicely. I would love to make a sweater from it. Only one mitten is felted at this time because they are a store sample for a class I will be teaching.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger This Weary Traveler said...

Yvonne, I got your comment on my blog. Are you one of my first knitting teachers?! I can sew it together now that I've undone the shoulders, I just have to re-block the darn thing as it's been in a ball for three years. You are so sweet to offer to help though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home