Friday, September 15, 2006

What Could Be Better?

What day could be better than today? Spent a couple hours with the Champlin Knitters, then went shopping. I had purchased some earrings and with them bought the service plan, so if they were broken they would be repaired, replaced, or money refunded. Well, mine broke and they were unable to be repaired, so I got a gift certificate. Today I found some replacement earrings. Then, I had to return to Barnes and Noble to pick up another book I'd seen the other day, but didn't know if I had. (If I would just stay home instead of shopping I might get some of my books read and some knitting done instead of buying more!) While there I found two calendars I had to have! The book is "Knitting Memories" edited by Lela Nargi, stories contributed about knitting. Lily Chin is one of the contributors.The "Stitch 'N Bitch" calendar is by Debbie Stoller and has tips, techniques, yarn of the week and new patterns. One of the quotes is from Aristotle, "Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work." The second calendar is the 2007 Knitting Pattern-a-Day. Just flipping through a few, I want to make the illusion knitting dishcloth with a cause. It shows the pink breast cancer ribbon if viewed from the right angle.
Following those wonderful purchases, I attended the "Yarn Tasting" at Amazing Threads. A yarn tasting is a chance to see the new yarns for fall, actually knit with them and see and buy yarn for the new focus projects. The focus projects are projects chosen by the staff to highlight some of the new yarns. I bought the yarn to make the Taos Pinwheel Pullover which looks like it has some interesting construction techniques. The pattern is free from www.straw.com. (go to Crystal Palace/free patterns.) Tonight I should finish the Noro bulky sweater, so will start on that-instead of working on my shawl and sweater on the needles. (Plus a few other things!)

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home