Wednesday, September 13, 2006

New Books

Today, after babysitting since Monday afternoon, my husband and I decided we "needed" a trip to Barnes & Noble. It was our lucky day-or unlucky if you think about the amount of the purchase! These are 2 knitting "finds" which I have not read, but who cares-they are knitting related. Remember a few years back when knitting books were such a rarity. Now there are more than even I want?

"Knitting under the influence" is by Claire LaZebnik and is a novel. The description says "Sometimes it feels like their weekly knitting circle is the only thing that keeps Kathleen, Sari and Lucy from falling apart...Caught between life, love, and pursuit of the perfect cast-on, these three friends learn that there are never any easy answers, except maybe one-that when the going gets tough, the tough get knitting.

"The Museum of Kitschy Stitches. A Gallery of Notorious Knits" by Stitchy McYarnpants an "astonishingly awful collection of the finest knitting and crocheting horrors the twentieth century has to offer." I disagree with one picture-it is my grandson's favorite sweater!

Can't wait to finish reading the book I'm on to start a new knitting novel. Unlike knitting, I only read one book at a time!


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home