Sunday, October 16, 2011

Three Irish Girls

Yesterday and today, Sharon McMahon, the owner/dyer of Three Irish Girls yarn gave workshops and a trunk show at Amazing Threads. Yesterday I took a class about knitting with hand dyed yarns to learn how to work with pooling of colors and what types of patterns and stitches are best. Today's class was on yarn substitution in patterns. Both classes were excellent! And Sharon is a good teacher, using her wit and visual aids. If you ever get a chance to attend a class of hers, don't hesitate. She will be back at Amazing Threads next October and also at Yarnover in April.


This is one section of the yarn in the trunk show. Love her colors.


Yes, she is tall and I am short.

I've been a fan of her yarn for some time and have been collecting it. For fun, I gathered it all together and here is my TIG stash! I only bought 3 skeins this weekend, plus the blue in the upper right corner for a sweater I'll start as soon as I get this finished.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 9:55 PM, Blogger Kuna13 said...

Their yarns are stunning! Good photos

 

Post a Comment

<< Home