Sunday, October 09, 2011

Celia's Blankie


Along with the release of this new Cottage Creation pattern comes the sad news that this is the last published pattern Carol Anderson is doing. I guess I don't blame her as she wants to have time to do knitting of other people's patterns. She will continue with her pattern orders and maybe do some individual patterns in a different format.

This blankie is based on the late Pat Penney's design, Rambling Rose. The fun of this pattern is the number of choices; weight of yarn (can use fingering, sport or worsted weight), gauge, size of squares, number of squares, and edging.

Mine used 5 skeins of Encore  Colorspun Worsted weight and size 8 needle. I cast on 48 stitches for my squares and used an applied I-cord for the edging. It was fun to knit and fun to watch the color progression.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Susan said...

I have several cottage creations books. I did not know Carol was
retiring ! I like her community
knitting books. I love your knit blankie !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home