Sunday, October 09, 2011

Yarns and Clubs


I have been very negligent posting the last couple months, so today is catch up day. Hopefully I won't post things I've already posted! These are the yarn shipments I've been receiving. 

Three Irish Girls Yarnista Club. The extra is some good hard candy. Part of the fun of this club is that we get a choice of 2 colorways each month. An advantage of being my age is that I forget what I ordered by the time it arrives. For instance, about 2-3 weeks ago I ordered the yarn for the next month, but last week the previous months yarn arrived.


Three Irish Girls Yarnista with note cards.


Three Irish Girls Yarnista. The extra was a free/discounted pattern from Alana Dakos so I chose the Cedar Leaf Shawlette. I love the yarn as it is McClellan Fingering, 65% merino, 25% bamboo, 10% nylon. It would be perfect for the shawl, except maybe not the color.


Cookie A's Sock and Cookie Club for October. I'm not real crazy about the color of the yarn and haven't even looked at the cookie recipes. Each shipment gives you 2 sock patterns and 2 cookie recipes.


The Twisted Socks are For Suckers Club. Another fun club which features yarn and patterns from indie dyers and designers from the Pacific Northwest. The extra is a fun folder with notepad and post it notes.


Wool Girl's Margarita Kit. Yarn, pattern, notepad, bag, pin cushion, stitch marker, wine glass marker, Margarita mix and jelly beans. It is always fun to open these kits and see all the surprises.


This is a club I don't remember joining. It is one that you order only one shipment at a time. So, surprise yarn. It is Zen Garden's Quasi Club.


 Another Zen Garden Club is the Light and Dark Club. If I remember correctly, we had a choice of yarn colors. This shipment was delayed for a while because of difficulty getting the yarn. The pattern is a mystery pattern, coming out with 4 clues which turned out to be a scarf.


The end of the year is coming, so it is starting to be time to enroll in clubs. I don't know which ones I'm going to join again this year. I have already joined Romi's Pin and Shawl Club, selecting the pin and pattern option, not the yarn. I think I can find yarn in my stash for the shawl this year. I do like Cookie A's sock patterns, so maybe I'll join that when it opens. Other than that I don't know yet.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home