Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Traveling Sweater

This was a long, but soothing knit. I was intriqued by the construction, so just had to make it to figure out how it went together.
I blocked both sleeves together as I then only had to measure and shape it once, plus it used so many pins-I didn't have enough.
I also folded the mail body and collar piece in half to block-and good thing I did because I had not done one of the wedges. If I did it again I would block the main piece while I was knitting the sleeves-again because of the shortage of pins and blocking the pieces double it took longer to dry.


Too short!

This kind of shows how it goes together. I never would have figured out the assembly without this blog: http://akabini.squarespace.com/akabini/2010/11/28/traveling-sweater-assembly.html



And the finished garment! I love the way it fits and feels. The yarn I used was Cascade Sport Superwash and am wondering if it is going to hold the ribbed blocking.

Pattern: Traveling Sweater by Blue Moon Fibers.
Needles: US 3.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Blogger Tracie said...

I love your sweater! So pretty!

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Sheila said...

Beautiful!!

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger Louise said...

Love your sweater. I would like to try it but do not think I could do a good a job as you. I have been following your blog but not commenting. I had to on this one.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home