Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Depression Knitting

My passion is knitting lace, especially shawls. I have 3 drawers full of shawls, plus a quilt rack overflowing. I am real excited to become one of Romi's (www.designsbyRomi.com) test knitters and to get into her shawl and pin club. She also makes beautiful jewelry, especially shawl pins. After my Christmas knitting and Christmas was over I was looking forward to the test knit pattern coming out and didn't have any lace on my needles. Romi had given test knitters a rest over the holidays, so impatient me, started watching for the pattern the day after Christmas. Well, she has had some problems with sizing, so the last news is it should be out in a few days. Then the end of January came and the shawl club package was sent out, so I diligently waited for that to arrive. I've watched as packages arrived on the east coast, then the west coast, then the mid west, but not mine. Then I saw someone in Australia received hers and then packages began arriving in Canada. But mine still hasn't come. (Romi is aware.) So yesterday after the mailbox was empty, I broke down and cast on this one. That should be the impetus for the package and the pattern to arrive!

This is Herbivore by Stephen West. The yarn is Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock in Colleen colorway. Needles are US 6/4mm. The color is beautiful and the pattern really shows it off. Even my husband commented on how pretty the color is.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Blogger Christine P. said...

It's still not here? Poor you... you could be in San Antonio!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home