Thursday, August 20, 2009

The sock is the Knitters Brewing Company Knit Along on Ravelry. Pattern is free at this time and is called, With a Twist from the Knitters Brewing Company. Because I wanted to start immediately, the yarn is from my stash and is from www.yarn4socks.com and is hand-dyed yarn from A Piece of Vermont; fiber is 60% merino, 30% bamboo and 10% nylon. Knitters Brewing Company is a fun web site-www.knittersbrewing.com. The emphasis is on sock knitting and patterns and yarns are named for beverages. Their service is terrific. I ordered 2 skeins of yarn, it was shipped that same day and arrived 2 days later. Each skein was individually gift wrapped and I received a hand written thank you note in the package!

This is Braided Top by Marianne Isager, made from her yarn, cotton and linen. I am teaching this class and started doing it without having knit the pattern myself because the store already had a sample. All the time I could save! But, preparing for the class, the construction of the top was so intriquing, I started this at the first class. It was a fun knit.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 8:07 AM, Blogger twinsetellen said...

Ooh, I love that sock. And I love the top. Isn't it fun when the construction is interesting instead of the same old same old?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home