Sunday, June 07, 2009

Why, oh why do I do it?

This one I didn't buy! My daughter received a kit to make the brown sweater pictured with Rauma Finullgarn, but decided she would never do it, so gave it to me. I said if I made it she would get it as a Christmas gift which she agreed to. The sweater is very much like Cottage Creations Babies and Bears Sweater for Grown Up which I would rather make than the kit pattern made in pieces. The gauge is very different, so am experimenting with a formula from Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations who had gotten it from Sidna Farley. More about that as the sweater progresses. It is now at a point I have to check the sleeve length on my daughter.
The Opal sock yarn in probably going to be a pair of socks from Cookie A's new book. The color actually is more denim looking.Coming home from Door County we stopped at a nice yarn shop in Sturgeon Bay, Spin, so bought this and the Sirdar baby book and yarn pictured below.
This book has such cute patterns sized up to 6-7, so will be used for a while. (No, Kristin, I'm not making the cover sweater!)
Door County has a new yarn shop opened just a month ago in Fish Creek, called Red Sock Yarns. Another nice shop! This yarn is tilli tomas yarn and came with a nice scarf pattern.

Aren't the colors yummy in this Smooshy by Dream in Color. This is planned for another pair of Cookie A's socks.Also from Red Sock Yarns.
The cotlin from KnitPicks is probably intended for some baby items I won't mention.
I'm on a cotton yarn kick so got this at Shepherd's Choice when I went to their sheep shearing festival. Again, I won't mention what this might or might not be.It is Blue Sky Alpaca cotton.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, Blogger twinsetellen said...

There is lots of inspiration in these yarns. I am looking forward to seeing what you do with them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home