Friday, March 13, 2009

Gothic Window Pink Sweater

Gothic Window Pink Bohus sweater is finished and I enjoyed every stitch! I see why people have become addicted to these sweaters! Yarn and pattern were purchased at the American Swedish Institute during the Bohus exhibit-which was extended until April 4 (or is it the 6th?)It is a must see. I used size 1 1/2 needles for the body and size 0 for the hem facings.Being blocked. I wet the sweater thoroughly, threaded blocking wires down the shoulders and arms and the sides which I pinned taut. I did not sew up the hem on the sleeves and bottom of the sweater until it was blocked, so I just pinned the bottom.
The final fitting!!!

And... this is the new kit for the Large Lace Collar Pullover! I hesitated to get this because of the black background but it is so beautiful. The kits are available from Sweden from Solveig Gustafson, www.solsilke.se . Service was great! I ordered it on a Saturday and received the kit 11 days later. (She probably didn't receive my payment until Monday in Sweden, which makes it only 9 days until it arrived in my mailbox.)



Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 7:45 PM, Blogger Barb Nelson said...

imply divine! I can't wait to see it in person.

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

Truly gorgeous! I can't wait to see it too!

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Tracie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home