Thursday, September 21, 2006

Roma Lace Shawl

This is my favorite kind of knitting! I get such a good feeling when I can work on a lace shawl. Lace doesn't look like much when it is scrunched together on the needles! This is really crowded as I'm using my good 24" rosewood needles on which the yarn slides so nicely and which have long tapered sharper points. At this point there are 768 stitches on the needle and takes nearly an hour to complete one row. I have only 20 rows to go!
A close up of the Roma lace shawl. I was able to stretch it out as I broke my good rosewood needle into 2 pieces-yes, the language was quite foul-so am transferring the stitches onto a longer needle.
Pattern: Knit Picks Roma Lace Shawl a pattern adapted from the original of Gloria Penning, published in "Danish Lace Treasures."
Yarn: Joslyn's Fiber Farm
Needles: Size US 6

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home