Friday, August 25, 2006

Vivian Hoxbro Rainbow Jacket redone!

Both sides match! If you remember, I had started one side of the neck opening back in the orange stripe and it just wasn't comfortable to wear. Because I had worn the sweater several times and didn't discover the error, I debated leaving it, but I was alway tugging at the neck and adjusting the sweater. I had it on today and it fits and feels so much better it was worth the extra work.


The sweater is made from a kit and is made with Harrisville yarn in a fingering weight, I think, on size 2 and 3 needles. The pattern is also available in Vivian Hoxbro's book, "Shadow Knitting." If I were making it again, I would make the sleeve cuffs a little wider and use a softer yarn.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 7:30 PM, Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

Hi Yvonne,
I would like to get a picture of your sweater with you in it. It looks good in the grass, but it looks great on you!
Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home