Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Repetitive Motion Injuries Prevention

The violets are a plant which is a descendent of my grandmother's violets. She always had plants full of blossoms and everytime I visited her, she would try to send a plant home with me. I usually declined the offer because they always died for me. Eventually, I took one when I was able to put the plant in a bright south window and now I have blooms!
Reknitting the rainbow jacket reminds me of the "sermon" I give to my knitting students about the dangers of body injuries due to long term repetitive movement. I've had problems with shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand joints with the resulting treatment option of stopping knitting! That is pure torture for me, so prevention is the best key. Take frequent breaks and move your body joints in different positions. The link above has some exercises to do periodically to help prevent injury. Take my advice!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home