Sunday, August 27, 2006

Oh My! Baby Sweater Finished

Sweater completed!
It was almost done-the second button band was on, but I had left it for a couple days, ready to bind off. When I came to bind it off, the places I'd picked up the stitches from had stretched-the photo shows how big the spaces were and only on one side! What to do? Finally decided to stitch a row on the sewing machine in the middle of the next stitch over, then pick up the stitches again further in from there. I didn't like the fact that I now had two stitches on the wrong side, but that seemed the safest alternative. So far it worked. The yarn-Oh My! by Plymouth- was a joy to knit with; I would recommend it with reservations. It would be perfect for a baby blanket. I wouldn't use it again for any pattern that called for stitches to be picked up. The picture doesn't show but there are noticeable ladders on the sleeves at the points the double point needles met. This is not a problem I usually have when using DP needles. At first I had trouble sewing in my ends as I usually use the smallest needle I can, but when I changed to a larger needle, it worked much better.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:19 AM, Blogger QoE said...

I'm glad it worked! and I love the buttons too.

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger youngest niece said...

Auntie, you are such a great person with cool adventures.

I love you!!!

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Softest yarn ever!

And people really do say "oh my" when they feel it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home