Saturday, June 29, 2013

Yarn Clubs

Yarn clubs have really become an obsession with me. I love them. It is more fun than going to a yarn shop-going to the mail box and finding a package of yarn maybe with a pattern and maybe with a fun extra. The packages keep coming and I keep joining more clubs.
 
My 3 year old great grand daughter asked to see my yarn closet-after walking the path through the piles of yarn in our "library". She just stood at the door and said, "What the?"
 
The May All For Love of Yarn and Tea club tea is called Peach Tranquility. The yarn is a superwash fingering. The tea is  yummy!
This is Romi's April yarn and pattern-another beauty and I love Zen Garden yarn. This is a lace weight.
This club purchase was a spur of the moment impulse. I've liked the Madeline Tosh yarn I've used, so decided to join this club. Since I joined after the club started I received the first 2 shipments right away. The gray yarn is Tosh Sock and the green is Tosh Merino Light.
You can't see from the picture, but the yarn is sparkly-sock weight. I think the pattern markers came with this club. I was so far behind in taking pictures things got mixed up. The flower picture is a note club with a personalized note card thanking me for participating in the club. Nice touch. This is the last shipment from Knit Circus.
Cookie A's sock club is one of my favorite as I love her sock patterns with their twisting cables and unique designs. When I get my sock mojo back these will be the patterns I will go to. Besides it is an introduction to new yarns-a lot from independent dyers.
 This is the first shipment from a local yarn shop so is part of my supporting LYS's. It is Darn Knit Anyway in Stillwater which is a fun "touristy" town to visit and shop and eat. The theme for the club is "Our Favorite Things" and each month will feature a favorite thing of a person from the shop. The yarn will be created by a different hand dyer each month using that person's favorite thing as design inspiration. So the inspiration for this month is Amy's patch of violets. The goodies include a leather button, a project bag and a membership pin.
The June Mad About Tosh has Pashmina yarn. I doubt mine will be the cowl or the optional scarf-a shawlette maybe?
 

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Blogger crochetplay.com said...

Lovely red socks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home