Sunday, May 12, 2013

Finished Projects

I have finished some projects but probably started more.
 
Berlin Reflections was a test knit for Kimberlolly. I had forgotten how much fun and magical it is to knit a mobius using Cat Bordhi's cast on and techniques. This was fun to knit because it shows the famous buildings in Berlin which are reflected on the other side. I loved Berlin when I was there so this was meaningful to me. The yarn is Kells Sport by Three Irish Girls on size 6 needles.
One day I spent the whole morning looking for a pattern to teach the Dishcloth of the Month class at Amazing Threads. Then I discovered I had written this pattern some time ago so will use this one as it teaches 3 kinds of cables. The yarn is Nashua Hand Knits Linen.
When I first saw this pattern I knew I had to make it! It is called Celestarium and is a circular shawl based on Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi shawl and is a "map" of the constellations. It was much easier to knit than I thought it would be and is one I didn't want to end because it was so fun. The yarn was specially dyed for me by Dawn of Propaganda Yarn and she called it Orion's Belt and it was knit on size 5 needles.
Matsuri is finally finished. When I saw this scarf my first comment was, “I hate to do blackberry stitch”! But this stitch is calld berries in a basket and was actually fun to do and looks pretty.
I started this scarf 3 times-first time my guage was way off, second time I didn’t read the pattern carefully and did seed stitch instead of moss stitch. If this had been for me rather than a shop sample I would have left it. The 3rd time was operater error also, I was doing the dec 4 wrong so the pattern was not lining up. The yarn is Jenny Watson Pure Merino DK on size 6 needles.
Another shawl finished. I'm not doing very well on 12 shawls in 2013 as this is only my 2nd one-but I have 3 more on needles! This was Romi Hill's Mysterious Shawl and was a fun one to do. I did run out of the brown yarn so deleted about 6 rows of the border. The yarn is Hazel Knits Artisan Sock and it was knit on size 5 needles.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home