Sunday, June 05, 2011

Sakaki

This is Sakaki, a pattern by Rosemary Hill (Romi) designed to benefit Japan's earthquake survivors and recovery. (I'm a Red Hatter so can wear red and purple.) Sorry about the awful expression on my face. I always have to give my husband directions to take a picture and he snaps while I'm talking.






I laid it out when I was this far along to take a picture for Ravelry and discovered this...






At the time, I didn't know what I had done, but ripped it back and reknit. The pattern is easily memorized and a relaxing knit, so it wasn't so bad. Towards the end, I found the same problem and in taking it out realized what I had done-did it two other times, too. When I made the picot, I cast on 3 sts, K2 tog tbl, K1 tbl, pass first stitch off over 2nd. I was forgetting to pass the stitch off.




Yarn: Hazel Knits Sock Yarn (from my last sock club shipment!)




Needles: US 5
This is how much yarn I had left over! I did eliminate 2 ruffles in order to have yarn to finish.













Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home