Monday, May 16, 2011

New Books

The last two days, I've received 3 new knitting books. One I have been waiting a long time for: Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knit One, Knit All. The designs are ones that she wanted published in a book, but publishers never agreed with her. Now, her daughter and grand son together with some volunteer knitters have put together the designs and published this book. Many of the designs had no written instructions so the patterns were put together from her notes or drawings, her journal, or the actual garments were disected. I have made one of the designs many years ago-the Suspender Sweater at Door County Knitting Camp with Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations. I thought the book contained patterns never before printed, but they are patterns not in any of EZ's books. The Suspender Sweater was from a Wool Gathering and is a sweater I get many compliments on every time I wear it and it was fun to knit-interesting construction.




The second book is the book completely about charts. This I ordered as a reference for my teaching. Anything you ever need to know about charted knitting.




The third book, 10 Secrets of the Laidback Knitters, A Guide to Holistic Knitting, Yarn, and Life I bought just from a blog and pictures on the internet and it turned out to be an absolute gem. The picture on the cover of the little lace scarf is the one that yelled out to me as it looked like it was made from the stainless steel yarn I bought last year at Stitches and which had about 3 inches of a scarf which I wasn't very crazy about. The big surprise was seeing the pattern and seeing that it-plus one more in the book-are designed by Romi! This book has stories, pictures, patterns, history, and lots more.


Oh, for more time to knit!!




Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Blogger norabrown said...

10 Secrets of the Laidback Knitters sounds like just the book I need right now.

I'm really enjoying your blog. Plus it was so nice to meet you at Yarn Over. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home