Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why Do Things Become UFO's?

Here's one example. Couldn't wait to start Spanish Moss from Romi's Shawl and Pin Club. If you remember, my kit got lost and I waited and waited for it to arrive. I took it along on my trip to France and got the center panel done but it had to be put aside because...




I had to make Juneberry Triangle for a shop sample so I could teach the class this summer. (I did finish this one-but I thought maybe the patterning would show up better on a heavier yarn, so after I finish the one I'm working one, that will be my next project-in a pretty red.)


When I finished Juneberry, I started Sakaki. It is really a simple pattern, but I've had to rip substantial amounts 3 times for a simple loose stitch in my YO's. I do enjoy this pattern and it is a good one to do when with people as it doesn't take a lot of concentration. (My mistakes were sloppy knitting, not pattern mistakes.) But...this has been set aside...

because my daughter in law wants me to make a shawl for a friend's wedding June 18. A deadline pushes this to the top of the queue. This is Brandywine Shawl by Romi.

So that explains 3 unfinished shawls, plus one in the "need to do right now" queue. Notice, they're all shawls! I have started Spud the sheep from the book, Spud and Chloe at the Farm by Susan B. Anderson, which is also for a class and I work on when I'm in the mood. It's real putzy! There just isn't enough time!


Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:07 PM, Blogger Tink's Tinkerings said...

your work is so beautiful, Tink

 

Post a Comment

<< Home