Friday, May 06, 2011

Juneberry Triangle

In progress. This was made for Amazing Threads where I will be teaching this as a class this summer.


Pattern: Juneberry Triangle by Jared Flood.
Yarn: Marion Foale 100% wool. This was between a fingering and sport weight. The pattern called for sport or worsted. I'm wondering if the pattern would show up better in a heavier weight yarn.


Needles: US 7



Prior to blocking. It doesn't look like much.


Blocking brings out the beauty of lace. It is such fun to wet it and stretch it out into shape and see the true beauty.

This project restored my confidence in my lace knitting. A while ago I started a shawl which had patterning on both the right and wrong side rows. (I can never remember if that is knitted lace or lace knitting.) I just could not get that pattern, so gave it up and felt like my mental abilities were slipping. Well, this pattern has patterning on both sides, and I accomplished it, but it is not a project for a beginner lace knitter.











Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:08 PM, Blogger twinsetellen said...

It's just beautiful!

It was so nice to see you in class, but I'm sorry we didn't get to talk. Did you enjoy it? I did.

On to Shepherd's Harvest this weekend!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home