Monday, September 27, 2010

Bavarian Tulip Mitten

Pattern: Bavarian Tulip Mitten from Interweave Knits Fall 2010.
Yarn: Spud and Chloe Sweater
Needles: Size 3. I probably should have gone down to a size 2 as my gauge was a little off, but knitting with this weight yarn on a smaller needle would have been hard on my hands. The mitten does fit, so it wasn't far off.
I liked the pattern, but would change the side chain pattern. It has a repeat of 14 rows and directions say to start the first repeat on row 1 and the second repeat on row 5. If I were to do it over, I would start on rows 1 and row 7. The way it is, the cables are only slightly different; looks like a mistake. It would be definitely different starting the pattern farther apart. I might even just start them both at the same place.
The second mitten will be made when I teach the class, in January I think it is.
On Ravelry someone mentioned that the thumb decreases made the thumb too pointed so I followed her advice to decrease down to 7, not to 4 as the pattern says.
I like the way the Kitchner stitch forms the top pattern.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home