Friday, November 06, 2009

Fun Shopping

Tuesday I had a fun day in Anoka, MN. My first stop was Shepherd's Choice yarn shop which recently moved from Ham Lake to Anoka. Such a fun, friendly shop and they carry the Spud & Chloe brand of yarn which I want to try. Besides yarn and books they carry soaps and lotions made by the owner. I got this sock yarn, so after the Christmas knitting is done, I'll try.

The next stop was Avant Garden which is a coffee, gift, sandwich shop on Main Street. The first thing that caught my eye was this mug, called the hand warmer mug. I always hold my cup with my hand wrapped around it, so this was perfect-plus it was made in my favorite blues.

Of course, it came home with me and I'm enjoying my morning cup of tea.
Perched on the shelf just below the mugs was this book. I am focusing a lot of my reading on local authors, so it almost jumped into my hands. It is inspired by a true story and tells of a woman who has been in a nursing home her adult life and finds a man to love and wants to get married. Her feelings, her frustrations, and her situation really comes through to the reader. Peripheral View by Rita Kuehn. Excellent book! And I'm sure the fictional town of Rum River is Anoka!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home