Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Since my knitting is slow going-my Bohus sweater, I'll show you another hobby of mine-my orchids. Now, I don't go all out with automatic lights, humidity and whatever, but just use a table in my south window.
This plant was a gift from my ex-daughter in law and my son to replace one she thought she had killed when she knocked it off the table, so it must be 7 years old and has been blooming almost continuously every since.
It has never had this many flowers all blooming at the same time. Frequent, regular fertilizer must be the trick.
I love the lady slipper orchid so have several in different colors. This is the first one that has bloomed a second time after I bought the plant in bloom.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Christine P. said...

Wow! Where I come from (Malaysia), people grow orchids like people grow roses here. My grandfather had a little Orchid Garden... Your plant is gorgeous! You must have a green thumb!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Mary said...

Beautiful orchids!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home