Friday, January 16, 2009

Many Things

My intentions were to blog more frequently with the following 2 projects, plus another one in separate posts, but I haven't been able to follow through, so a group posting. Following the hectic holidays, I did two small, easy projects-plus I do need new dishcloths.Love To Knit With Friends dishcloth-free pattern at http://www.knitsbyrachel.com/page49
Yarn: Cotlin by Knitpicks. I really like this yarn and imagine it will wash up beautifully.
Needles: Size 6
Two things I did differently-I graphed the pattern and did the patterning on the right side rows instead of the wrong side rows as the pattern is written. The first cloth I did I did the first half as written, then converted to patterning on the right side and thought the lettering stood out better on the second half and it was much easier to read my knitting to put the purl stitches in the right place.
I love patterns that support a cause, with breast cancer being one of my favorite causes. This pattern is available as a download for $15, I think it was, and is one of 13 dishcloth patterns created to raise awareness and money for breast cancer research.
Calendar of Hope 2009 available at www.thinkpink.com
Yarn: Sugar and Cream
Needles: Size 7
These patterns are not graphed, so I did graph them out as I find it much easier to knit that way.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home