Monday, November 10, 2008

Winter Wonderland Coat

This is the nearly complete, poorly blocked back of the Winter Wonderland Coat from Inspired to Knit by Michele Rose Orne. My daughter in law asked if I would make her a cable coat, so when this sweater was in a trunk show at Amazing Threads, I knew that was one I would like to tackle! She came to the shop, tried it on, and fell in love with it. I must say, some words escaped my mouth when I was doing the lace at the beginning. Because it has pattern on the wrong side in addition to the right side, I kept losing my YO's so my stitch count would be off. After that portion was done, it was clear sailing. Luckily I did the sleeves first so only had a small piece to make the mistakes-the back did go better.
Yarn: Shepherd's Wool (such a soft, wonderful yarn!)
Needles: Size 8

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Analie said...

I love the cable pattern! I found a similar coat on Knitty, it's called starsky by Jordana Paige.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home