Sunday, April 29, 2012

Shawls 4 and 5

Shawls number 4 and 5 for 2012 are finished. Number 6 is almost done.


This was a test knit for Kimberly Gintar. The pattern had already been published in a small size, but she wanted to enlarge the length of the lace, so I tested the large one.
Pattern: Blue Ivy available for purchase on Ravelry.
Yarn: Three Irish Girls Adorn Sock. Used about 1 1/2 skeins.
Needles: US 4/3.5 mm
I have worn this shawl twice and received many compliments on it. It was fun to knit and fun to wear as it pretty much stays around the shoulders. It is knit from the bottom-cast on 341 stitches, work the lace and shape with stockinette short rows.


This one was a fast knit. It was garter stitch done with all purls so wasn't as enjoyable as if it would have been all knit. I did change the edge stitches as when I did them the way the pattern said, I got little knots on one edge. So I knit the last stitch of every row and slipped as if to purl with yarn in front the first stitch of every row.
Pattern: Caliz by Rosemary Hill.
Yarn: a local yarn which I don't know where I got. I thought it was Yarnover, but didn't see it there yesterday. Maybe it was Shepherd's Harvest. It was lovely yarn called Silk Road North Woods Voodoo and is 80% merino and 20% cashmere. It isn't even on Ravelry.
Needles: US # 6/ 4.0 mm




Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home