Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Maile Sweater




I thought this was the cutest baby sweater. The bottom yellow one is done as the pattern is written, except I exchanged the raglan decreases-SSK for K2tog and K2tog for SSK. The other 2 added the pattern to the sleeves and I did all the increases after the garter stitch cuff rather than tapering the sleeves. To make it easier to join the sleeves to the body I put 4 underarm stitches of both the body and sleeves on yarn and grafted together when finishing.
Maile is a fragrant vine endemic to Hawaii, and it is traditionally used as a kind of very special lei. The lei is traditionally worn open, draped over the shoulders, and the leaf pattern in this sweater echoes that.
Pattern: Maile Sweater from www.whattoknitwhen.com
Yarn: (Green Sweater) Milk by laines du nord-63% Merino extrafine unshrinkable, 30% Milk Fiber, 7% Cashmere.
(Yellow Sweaters) Dream in Color Smooshy. Almost got both sweaters out of 1 skein. I did make the body of the all yellow one a little longer as my gauge was off.
Needles: US #4

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home