Saturday, August 14, 2010

Rylea is One!

My Great Grand Daughter, Rylea, was one year old August 4. Because her mother reads my blog-can you believe that?-and wants to be surprised when she receives gifts, I haven't posted several finished things. Now I can. She received all knitted things from me this year. Next year she'll be old enough to want toys.


This is Bernat Baby Jacquards Ruffle Hat, a free pattern on the yarn label of Bernat web site. I've been going crazy with this pattern and this yarn!

Yarn: Bernat Baby Jacquards Floral

Needles: US 6

I did change the pattern to be knit in the round and also added about an inch of ribbing above the ruffle. (I did not add to the length.)

Party Time Jumper by Doreen Marquart, Small Fry Knits, a small division of Needles 'n Pins Yarn Shoppe in Delavan, WI.
Yarn: Claudia Hand Painted Fingering Weight
Needless: Size 2

Clara pattern by Karin Vestergaard Mathiesen, purchased at my LYS.

Yarn: Dale Baby Uhl

Needles 3mm

Thanks to Thora Lee at Amazing Threads, we changed the decrease at the top of the triangles and up the skirt from a Sl 1, K1, PSSO to a double decrease, Sl 2 tog as if to knit, K1, P2SSo.

My Grand Daughter, Kristin, with her daughter, Rylea on her first birthday.
Grand Mothers can have fun. This is my daughter, Gloria, mother of Kristin, grand mother of Rylea modeling Rylea's hat.
It is cuter on Rylea!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger A.M said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home