Friday, June 13, 2008

Nursing Pin

A couple of weeks ago when I was at my college reunion I browsed the college bookstore and saw jewelry with the college seal. The wheels started turning and thought I could have my nursing pin made into a pendent! Today I picked it up from my favorite jeweler (Todd of Gold 'N Treasures on Grand Ave in St Paul-not all jewelers give me a hug when I come in!) and it is perfect. They were even able to leave the engraving on the back intact.In "my day" the nursing cap and pin were valued rewards of our accomplishments. We received the cap in a ceremony signifying we had made it through the probation period. It was such an honor to report on duty the next day with that cap perched on our head! The pin was pinned on our uniforms on our graduation day. Another very significant occasion!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home