Monday, June 09, 2008

I must be crazy!

In January or February I started the Bleeding Hearts Stole from Interweave Knits as a project for my college reunion. I wasn't far into in when I calculated how many rows I had left to do and how many days I had to do it in and decided I didn't need that kind of pressure, so progress slowed down. It's at the point it doesn't seem to be going any where-a point at which I seem to lose interest. I had almost decided to frog this project (especially since the needles I want to use on a different one are in this one) but when I took it out and looked at it, it is too pretty to frog.
An ad on Ravelry showed this Swirl Shawl in these beautiful colors in modular knitting. I just had to have it!
Then we started discussing classes for the fall at Amazing Threads and decided the Ring of Lace Wrap by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer would be a good one, so I have to make a shop sample. It is actually an easy pattern-6 stitch, 6 row repeat, so can be done in public. The yarn is so yummy-Schaefer, Andrea, silk.
QOE showed me a pattern she had discovered for the Labyrinth Lace Shawl by Evelyn A. Clark- www.evelynclarkdesigns.com . I've always loved the symbolism of the labyrinth and the meditation walking a labyrinth, so I just had to have it.
And, another Ravelry discovery-a Mystery Shawl Knit A Long. I've never done a knit a long or a mystery project so since lace is my passion I had to do Goddess Knits Anniversary Shawl Knit A Long. www.goddessknits.com This is the gauge swatch-the first clue comes out on the 14th.

This is unrealistic!!!! Why, oh why do I start all these projects????

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:55 PM, Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

The labyrinth shawl looks great in red! What yarn are you using and what size needles?

And I won't be able to make it on Friday, but I will be there on Saturday. See you then!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home