Monday, June 02, 2008

Flat Feet Yarn, Django Socks

This is a new concept! The yarn is machine knit into a fabric, then dyed. Each piece is very unique and there is no telling how it will knit up. You just unravel the piece as you knit-the directions say not to wind into a ball.
As you can see, the yarn is very kinky which, I think, makes it a little difficult to knit. In order to keep the tension fairly even I seem to be knitting tight. The directions also say to use a size 3 needle, but I think that would be much too loose. Using my usual 1 1/2 is giving me a sock that should fit.
Yarn: Flat Feet by Conjoined Creations. The website, http://www.conjoinedcreations.com/ shows some of the colors and patterns and the resulting socks.
Pattern: Django by Cookie A
Needles: Size 1 1/2
This pattern is turning out to be so much fun! It is so intriqing how the cables intertwin and blend together. A picture of the pattern and more of her patterns can be seen at http://www.cookiea.com/. Hopefully I can post better pictures later which show more complete sock and show the patterning clearer.


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home