Sunday, May 11, 2008

Saturday Sky May 10, 2008, Shepherd's Harvest

Saturday Sky at Shepherd's Harvest in Lake Elmo, MN. This picture was supposed to have a dog herding sheep in the foreground, but I forgot that when I use the digital zoom on the camera, what I see in the viewfinder is not what the camera takes. And for some reason, I didn't look at the picture after I took it. Anyway, it was a fun day, especially since I was there before the rain started. It was cloudy and windy in the morning and then rained the rest of the day with the temperature barely reaching 50.
In addition to the sheep and dogs, there were beautiful angora rabbits on display and for sale. I've decided I want one, but did refrain from buying one until : 1) I study the different breeds, 2) Figure out where I would keep one, 3) Prepare my husband. In my head I know I should not get one as I do travel a lot and my husband who is not an animal lover would have to take care of it. Oh well, it is a dream. Maybe I'll even get my spinning wheel out of hibernation.

Alpacas and llamas. I've even thought of having one in my back yard, but I suppose the city of Brooklyn Park and our town house association would frown on that.

Sheep shearing.

And many spinners.

And of course, lots of yarn. This was my only purchase-corn fiber.






Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 9:23 PM, Blogger lv2knit said...

You made me wish I had gone to Shepherd's Harvest!! I added the link to where I bought my book on my blog -- Lacis. Thanks for commenting!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home