Friday, April 25, 2008

H is for Help, Wallaby Cardigan

Help! The pockets hit just on my boobs and I don't need that part of my anatomy emphasized! (This is one reason Carol Anderson of Cottage Creations has people test knit her patterns.) So, I snipped one thread and picked out one row of knitting just above the pocket. Resulting in two pieces of the sweater.

I used the live stitches on the top of the sweater-it was knit from top to bottom-and added 4 inches-from the pin.
Then I kitchner stitched the two pieces together. This is the first time I have grafted garter stitch which has looked like it should, thanks to the tutorial on www.woollywormhead.com. She has pictures which show exactly how the stitches should be aligned.

Much better! You can see where the pin sits on my body; that's where the pocket originally was.





Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:18 PM, Blogger Denise said...

Nice sweater! The pockets look much better now.

 
At 11:40 PM, Blogger woolyjooly said...

Looks great! I like your choice of yarn, too. Warm enuf to wear right now, too (April 25) huh? Argh . .

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Susan said...

Very clever! What a good idea!
(from the abc along)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home