Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wonderful Wallaby Cardigan

This is a sneak preview of Cottage Creations pattern due out in the Fall-The Wonderful Wallaby Cardigan. It differs from the original Wallaby not only because this is a cardigan, but it is done in garter stitch from the top down.
Two new ideas from this pattern:

1)Attaching thread (dental floss works beautifully as it is thin and smooth) to your markers does 2 things: the marker doesn't fly out of your knitting if it comes off the needles and the tail marks the marker placement for the length of the thread in this pattern for pocket placement.

2) Using attached I-cord to the edge of the hood.

This is a poor picture of the nearly finished sweater. The zipper has to be placed and I'm going to lengthen the sleeves and the hood. I find it hard to measure garter stitch accurately, so found once I tried it on I wanted it longer.
Yarn: Malabrigo color Red Mahogany
Needles: Sizes 5 and 7

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful!

Hey, do you ever lend books? If so, could I borrow your Cast On, Bet's Off?

See you Friday! Deb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home