Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Global World Missions


Tuesday is my charity knitting day, and have been knitting on the bandages for tropicaal ulcer patients for Global Health Ministries. This is an organization that provides financial and material support to Lutheran health care mission programs in developing countries. The bandages are used for patients who suffer from slow healing open sores and ulcers caused by leprosy, HIV/AIDS, infected insect bites, injuries and burns. Patterns for knitted and crocheted bandages and baby hats can be found on their webside. www.ghm.org along with instructions for delivery of any items made. Obviously, these are pretty boring knitting so today I deviated a little and started on the baby sweater I started knitting from Plymouth Yarn "Oh My!" which describes the wonderful softness of this yarn.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 2:10 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Leprosy bandages are also greatly needed in Vietnam...check out the blog I just set up at leprosybandages.blogspot.com
Hope you can encourage others to participate.
Let me know if you have questions.
Linda
sgtstocker@centurytel.net

 

Post a Comment

<< Home