Monday, July 31, 2006

Another Project Finished


Today I finished The Radiant Shawl, pattern by Lucy Neatby. The main yarn is Karabella Breeze, 40% cashmere and 60% silk. A soft, fun yarn to work with which has nice drape when finished. The pattern is written to start at one tip, work to middle back, place on holders and make the second side, joining with 3-needle bind off at center back. This is nice if uncertain how much yarn you will be using because if you have extra, you can knit another panel, or not enough, take out a panel. The first side is all knit with short rows making the wedges and yarn overs making the increases. To keep the sides symetrical and perfectly matching the second side is purl! Well, no way was I going to do all that purling, plus I wasn't crazy about a seam down the middle back (could use Kitchener st) so I rewrote the second half to just continue on with knitting and decreasing while still working the edge yarn overs. The pattern just continues to flow in the same direction so looked just fine to me.
It is very unusual for me to finish so many projects at one time. About a month ago, I was overwhelmed with all the unfinished projects I had, so I took an inventory-13 projects on needles. The list showed me some of the projects were very close to being done so were easily finished and eliminated. Of course I did add 6 new projects-3 which were models for classes I will be teaching at the yarn shop. One project I decided I didn't want to finish so that one was frogged but I started another project with that yarn. I did finish 9 so did decrease my inventory to 9 unfinished projects. A couple more don't need much so should be finished soon-then I'll probably start that baby sweater. It never ends!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:53 PM, Blogger Partly Cloudy Knitter said...

Your shawl is beautiful!
You always make me braver about changing patterns that I like, but I just don't want to do it as written. ;-D
Cathy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home