Thursday, June 23, 2011

Spinning Again

When I retired 11 years ago, I oiled my hibernating spinning wheel, spun 1 bobbin of wool and didn't touch it again until a few months ago. While in hibernation the wheel did nothing but serve as a ship's wheel when the grandchildren played with it. A few months ago I decided I wanted to spin again so brought out the wheel and put it back together as best as I could remember. I did do a little spinning with some wool that was so dirty all I did was pick out vegetable matter, so that fiber didn't stay around. I started on the blue fiber but after spinning 1 bobbin, decided I wanted to take some classes to refresh my memory and skill. So, this is what I have produced after 2 classes. I do not know what either of the fibers are; found the natural in my fiber stash and bought the blue at Stitches last year, but do not remember what it was.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home